Join Our Team This Spring!
Position: Development and Events Intern
Stipend: Unpaid Internship
Dates of Position : 3 month minimum – 6 months maximum
Time Commitment: 3 days/15 hours a week minimum. Hours are flexible between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Supervisors: Kate Venuto, Director of Administration & Marketing and Samantha Bauer, Director of Communications & Events
Assist the Development and Marketing Director and Events and Communications Manager in all operational and event planning tasks needed to plan and implement successful fundraising events.
- Assist in correspondence with and relationship building of donors, volunteers and supporters
- Track and manage data in House donor and volunteer database
- Aid in research and further development of prospective supporters and sponsors
- Compose correspondence that will be sent via mail, e-mail and social media to a variety of audiences
- Assist with development and execution of the House’s silent auction for the House’s largest fundraiser, the McGala.
- Create lists and generate reports for fundraising and event planning purposes.
Skills and Experience:
- Desire to work in the non-profit industry, with an overall passion for helping others
- Thorough and detailed expertise with written and verbal communications
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of HTML and working with WordPress is a plus
- Developed organizational skills and great attention to details
- Able to manage multiple activities at one time and work in a fast-paced environment showing self-initiative
Please submit your cover letter, resume and a sample writing sample to: Kate Venuto, Director of Development and Marketing, kvenut[email protected]