GREENVILLE, S.C. (Kidding Around Greenville)
Written by: Maria Bassett
July 21, 2021
Is your family ready for a challenge? How about the Ultimate House Challenge: Road Rally Edition with a $2,500 cash prize? When you register to compete, your family will join the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Carolinas as they provide a place to rest, meals, comfort and support to families with children receiving medical care in Greenville, SC. One Kidding Around family is going to win one free Registration for The Ultimate House Challenge: Road Rally Edition in a giveaway from Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Carolinas.
Want to learn more? We have all the information on the challenge, how to register, and about the magnificent work you’ll be supporting at the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Carolinas. Plus, you can enter to win the giveaway for a free entry below!
$89 Provides One Family With a One-Night Stay at the Ronald McDonald House, Here’s How You Can Help While Having Fun!
The Road Rally
Start your engines. This isn’t your average run-of-the-mill scavenger hunt. Register for the Ultimate House Challenge: Road Rally Edition and you’ll find yourself in your car with your closest friends or family armed with your phone loaded with the rally’s tracking app. From there you’re off, scoping out answers to all the challenges sent your way, racking up points as you move from destination to destination. Who wins the $2,500 cash prize? Whoever gets the most points between Friday, August 20th to Sunday, August 22nd, 2021.
Build Your Team
Who will be in your car as you compete? Maybe you’re filling your mini-van seats with the kiddos and your significant other off on a fun-filled adventure, or maybe you’re loading up with the smartest people you know and you aim to WIN. Either way, your registration donation provides you and 4 other members of your group with access to the challenge.
Teams who register July 20th through August 10th will receive a $29 early bird discount on their registration fee, making their total registration donation $60. After that time, the registration cost for the rally is $89 per team. Why $89? Because $89 provides one family with a one-night stay at Ronald McDonald House. That family receives a comfortable place to rest, meals, and best of all they stay close to their injured or critically injured child at a time when they most need to be together. There’s a lot of love wrapped up in that $89 registration fee.
You can register for the road rally at this registration link.
You must register by August 19th at 11:59 pm.
Ultimate House Challenge: Road Rally Edition Basic Rules
- One team consists of a single car with up to 5 participants
- Names of all participants are due at registration
- All team participants must be present during each completed challenge
- Teams will complete challenges through the GooseChase scavenger hunt app to earn points
- The winning team will take home the cash prize of $2,500
- Anyone in your group that will be driving at any time during the event will need to sign a release waiver. These will be emailed to you after registration by an RMHCC employee. Failure to sign a releases waiver will result in disqualification.
- The $89 registration donation covers the cost of one night for a family to stay at RMHC of the Carolinas
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Carolinas
When you participate and contribute to RMHC of the Carolinas, you are joining a charity serving families right here in Greenville, SC. Ronald McDonald House of the Carolinas sits on Grove Road in Greenville with hotel-style guest rooms and suites for families of ill children receiving care in the hospital. More than just a place to sleep, families also are cared for with a home-cooked evening meal plus family space, outdoor playground, laundry facilities, kitchen and more. Remember, when you register for the Ultimate House Challenge: Road Rally Edition you’re gifting all of that to a family for a night.
But that’s not all RMHC of the Carolinas provides. Did you know that in addition to the Ronald McDonald House building, RMHC of the Carolinas also operates a Ronald McDonald Family Room at the Prisma Health Children’s Hospital-Upstate? Families with children undergoing a procedure or treatment are welcome to rest in the Ronald McDonald Family Room where they will find snacks, coffee, cozy chairs to relax in and caring people to lend an ear. Any parent who has ever had a child in the hospital knows how truly valuable it is to have a place to rest for a moment.
Interview With a RMHC Family
We asked an Upstate family about their experience with Ronald McDonald House Charities, and what they would like other Greenville area families to know about RMHC. Here’s what Ronald McDonald House has meant for this family, in their own words.
KAG: How has Ronald McDonald House helped your family?
Tiffany C.: Ronald McDonald House Charities has been a lifeline for us while we care for our son, James. He has a rare autoimmune disease, Juvenile Dermatomyositis. His team of doctors is located at MUSC in Charleston so we travel there once a month for treatment. RMHC has enabled us to stay close to the hospital while he receives care and provides a wonderful home-like environment when we are so far from home. When James was hospitalized, the RMHC room provided a quiet space for us to get away from the hospital environment for a while and enjoy a cup of coffee and a snack.
KAG: What does it mean for families of ill children to be able to stay so close to the hospital?
Tiffany C.: It means everything! It enables families to focus on their children’s health without worrying about finding healthy food to eat, a safe place to sleep, or a place for the kids to play.
KAG: What do you want people to know about Ronald McDonald House Charities?
Tiffany C: I want everyone to know how much RMHC makes a difference for families with sick children. They create a wonderful environment for families to be cared for when they need it the most.
Giveaway: One Kidding Around reader will win a team entry to the Ultimate House Challenge: Road Rally Edition
This giveaway ends at midnight on July 30, 2021. Good luck! If the giveaway does not appear right away, please wait and give the page time to load.
- You must be 18 or older and live in the USA to enter this giveaway.
- You must use a valid email address to enter this giveaway.
- One entry per person per day.
- We will contact the winner via the email address provided within 3 days of the giveaway ending. The winner will have 24 hours to respond via email. If the winner does not respond within the 24 hours, the prize will be forfeited and another winner chosen. Directions for claiming the prize will be given via email. A valid photo ID and/or mailing address may be required.
- For a complete list of Kidding Around Greenville SC’s giveaway policies and terms and conditions, see the Kidding Around Greenville SC policy page. By entering this giveaway, you agree to comply with Kidding Around Greenville SC’s terms and conditions.
Photo Credit: RMHC of the Carolinas
Original Story can be found on the Kidding Around Greenville Site HERE.