The Red Shoe Society serves as a philanthropic arm of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Carolinas. This mission of this group is to engage, empower and inspire young professionals to participate in philanthropic and leadership endeavors and build awareness of the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
The Red Shoe Society is a group of young professionals with a collective goal to help make a difference in the lives of families with sick children. As stewards of the Ronald McDonald House Charities, Red Shoe Society members work together to raise money, donate their time, and provide needed volunteer efforts to benefit the house.
Red Shoes are not the only thing to make society members stand out. Red Shoe Society members are leaders. Being a society member means you are the type of person who wants to lend your talents to help others. Join the Red Shoe Society today to help improve the lives of those in need.
Get to know our 2017 Board Members here!
For more information, please contact Samantha Bauer, Communications and Events Manager, at 864.272.0197
Yearly membership dues are $89 (or $139 per couple) which represents the cost to house one family for one night, so simply by joining you have already helped one family in need. Click here to join (or renew your membership) by sending in this form, or click here to join/renew online!
Interested in joining a committee? Here is a little insight on the open positions:
- SOCIAL – Assist with planning social gatherings for RSS members and friends. Also assist with planning and organizing the Greenville Royale, RSS’s signature fundraising event (Contact: Daniel or Callie at [email protected] or [email protected])
- VOLUNTEER – Assist with planning service projects to benefit RMHCC programs through city events and House events (Contact Al or Ashley at: [email protected] or [email protected])
- DEVELOPMENT – Assist with fundraising and sharing the mission of RMHCC (Contact: Anand, Dan or Bob at [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected])
- MEMBERSHIP – Assist with recruiting new RSS members and maintain relationships with current members (Contact: Katie or Sam at [email protected])
- MARKETING – Assist with aggregating social media content, monthly newsletters and marketing of events and general Red Shoe Society branding (Contact: Amanda at [email protected])
2017 Red Shoe Society Calendar
Throughout the year we host a number of House volunteer events, social/networking events, signature fundraising events, and volunteer in and around our community. There is something for everyone!
Host a Meal – March 28, 2017
Join us to cook dinner for the families staying at the House. No cooking skills required! We will begin preparing the meal at 5pm, and will serve it around 6pm. This is a great time to take a tour of the House and learn more about the organization. Not into cooking? We will have a small House project to work on, too!
Location: Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Carolinas (706 Grove Road, 29605) / Time: 5:15pm – 7:15pm
Membership Social – March 31, 2017
Join us for the Swamp Rabbits hockey game + Craft Beer Night at Bon Secours Wellness Arena! Meet new Red Shoe members and enjoy one of the final home games leading up to the playoffs! The puck drops at 7 PM, but meet us for the beer tasting at 5:30! A portion of the tickets purchased through our site will benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Carolinas. For ticket information & to learn about the featured craft beer festival click here!
Location: Bon Secours Wellness Arena / Time: 5:30p Craft Beer Tasting, 7pm Puck Drops!
Social/Networking Event – April 12, 2017
Meet us at Upstate Craft Beer Co. for a night of bingo, beer, prizes and more with your fellow Red Shoe members! House specials will be offered throughout the event. To play, we are hoping for a $5 donation per bingo card. Visit our Facebook page for more details soon!
Location: Upstate Craft Beer Co. / Time: 5:30p-7:30pm
Red Shoe Society Annual Fundraising Events