Join Our Team This Fall!
Position: Volunteer Coordinator Intern and Event Intern
Stipend: Unpaid Internship
Dates of Position : 3 month minimum – 6 months maximum
Time Commitment: 3 days/15 hours a week minimum. Hours are flexible between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Supervisors: Teagan Hance, Volunteer Coordinator and Kate Venuto, Director of Administration & Marketing
Assist the Administration and Marketing Director in all operational and event planning tasks needed to plan and implement successful fundraising events.
The Volunteer Services Coordinator is looking for an intern to assist in day to day volunteer logistics and fundraising tactics for an end of year event.
- Assist in correspondence with and relationship building of donors, volunteers and supporters
- Track and manage data in House donor database
- Aid in research and further development of prospective supporters and sponsors
- Compose correspondence that will be sent via mail, e-mail and social media to a variety of audiences
- Create lists and generate reports for fundraising and event planning purposes.
- Compose press releases and other media pieces as needed for events.
- Collaborate with Events and Communication Director to create digital communications calendar and meet deadlines.
- Pull market statistics and research to find new ways to use social media platforms.
- Create and manage monthly social media strategy.
- Event/Vendor research, outreach and solicitation.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Direct, manage and give tours to Ronald McDonald House visitors and volunteers.
Skills and Experience:
- Desire to work in the non-profit industry, with an overall passion for helping others
- Thorough and detailed expertise with written and verbal communications
- Must be proficient in Microsoft programs specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of HTML and working with WordPress is a plus
- Developed organizational skills and great attention to details
- Able to manage multiple activities at one time and work in a fast-paced environment showing self-initiative
- Prior event experience is preferred
Please submit your cover letter, resume and a sample writing sample to: Teagan Hance, Volunteer Coordinator, [email protected]